Thursday, April 30, 2020

Space in between

To savour moments that have left us
 As I stand on the bridge
 Between yesterday and today
 I wonder what it could have been
 As I walk collecting parts of myself
 Scattered in memories and stories
 Once which seemed, a certain reality

 What if it was just me
 And what it’d be if not for family
 In the faint melodies of my yesterdays
 I pick up on sounds of myself
 Of what it’d be had it been just me

 No this is not melancholy
 It’s a mere thought of who might I
 Eventually choose to be
 I am no soldier, they find purpose 
 In things other people see
 I am no messenger, they define purpose
 To people who can’t read
 I just am a bunch of words
 In scattered memories and stories
 Once which seemed like, a certain reality

 It is one to the heart’s desires
 Of a certain peace
 Among the people who we love
And from whom love we seek
 the other a peculiar oneness
 With just me, as I walk
 To savour the moments that leave us
 As I stand on the bridge
 Between yesterday and today
 Facing of what will be eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment